LOCATION San Francisco or Washington, DC
MISSION Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: To increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training, and providing a powerful network. Our vision: To change the face of power, politics, and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all.
As the national umbrella organization, Emerge America’s role is to:
- Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of the ballot.
- Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with support and capacity-building.
- Expand our impact by replicating our success in new states.
Network Engagement (25%)
- Develop, engage, and maintain a robust National Emerge Alumnae Network;
- Work with Emerge America staff and Emerge affiliates to build and develop new ways to strategically engage and support Emerge alumnae;
- Develop strategies and a curriculum to provide continuing education opportunities to alumnae;
- Maintain regular communication with alumnae including sharing opportunities and resources;
- Support initiatives to engage Emerge alumnae network and outreach;
- Create budget, plan, and execute alumnae convenings.
- Provide support for Executive Directors to create and expand alumnae programming;
- Develop systems and best practices for candidate recruitment and support;
- Develop best practices and formal opportunities for alumnae idea sharing among the network;
- Work with Executive Directors to compile inspiring alumnae stories that can be shared throughout the network;
- Conduct 360 reviews of alumnae programming to assist affiliates in developing best practices.
- Create strategies to enhance the visibility of alumnae;
- Work with Political Director to bolster the visibility of our alumnae to the Democratic infrastructure, partner, and allied organizations;
- Work with Communications Director to highlight and showcase our alumnae in the press and on social media;
- Research and compile stories of Emerge alumnae candidates and elected officials.
- Oversee Emerge America’s alumnae database ensuring that we are tracking demographics and election results accurately and pulling and analyzing alumnae and election reports;
- Oversee the tracking of Emerge alumnae elections and appointments nationally;
- Work with states to ensure they are following internal policies and procedures regarding alumnae data.
- Enthusiasm for the advancement of Democratic women in politics;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple constituencies;
- At least 3 years of project management experience;
- Strong data and analytical skills;
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability;
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and keep track of multiple projects;
- Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, key stakeholders, and donors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to think creatively and work independently;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent web and technology skills;
- Comfortable learning new database and technical skills, as they arise.
- Experience working on a campaign or at a non-profit;
- Experience with Emerge;
- Previous experience working with alumni organizations.
Job Schedule and Location
The Alumnae Services Manager will work in the Emerge America offices from 9am – 6pm, Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekends will be required along with domestic travel. Emerge America has offices in downtown San Francisco and on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Both are accessible by public transportation.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter with the email subject “Emerge America Alumnae Services Manager Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge America will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Emerge America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.