ASST. CONTROLLER (CRE)-HOUSTON (GALLERIA): $70-$100K + BONUS/BENEFITS
Our Client (or “the Firm”) is an established, well-funded and well-connected
growing privately-held niche COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE (CRE) INVESTMENT
FIRM with top notch leadership and highly motivated investors looking for
the Firm to acquire additional properties in 2018, and beyond.
- HOUSTON HQ/MULTI-STATE OPERATIONS/GROWTH BUSINESS/ENTREPRENEURIAL
CULTURE- Our Client has ~125 employees currently (mostly property management
employees in the field), including 20 in HQ including the 3-person Executive
Management Team (Chairman/Founder, CEO, and President/COO) who are supported
by the CFO, 4 Operational VPs and a Controller, and 7 currently in
Finance/Accounting (CFO, Controller and 5 support staff, including AP/AR
Clerks). The Firm operates from Houston HQ in 5 States currently (TX, AL,
GA, SC and NC) with ~25 properties and multiple completed projects and has a
very entrepreneurial culture with the Firm’s Founder very active in the
Firm’s daily business.
- NEWLY CREATED POSITION - Due to Firm growth, with the Firm’s
investors motivated to purchase several more properties in 2018, and beyond,
the Firm is adding this additional Position as the Controller’s strong
right-hand to continue to provide proper accounting and reporting for all
Firm properties. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to
be a part of growing Firm, growing their skill set, implementing policies &
procedures and best practices. The Firm is looking for someone who fits
with the Firm’s entrepreneurial culture who is intelligent, enjoys
accounting, energetic, problem solves, enjoys taking on ad hoc projects and
has a positive attitude.
POSITION DUTIES: Reporting to the Controller, who joined the Firm in 3Q
2017, to take the Firm to the next level with all Firm Accounting &
Financial Reporting, and who has almost 15 years of experience (mostly in
the real estate industry), the ASSISTANT CONTROLLER/ACCOUNTING
MANAGER duties are:
- OVERALL - The Controller’s strong right-hand in handling the
Corporate books, some property accounting and special projects.
- MONTHLY CLOSE – Assisting the Controller with the month-end close
by preparing journal entries, analyzing, and reconciling balance sheet
accounts et al.
- GENERAL ACCOUNTING - Overseeing the daily accounting activities
required for month-end preparation of financial statements, which includes
performing full cycle accounting to support the monthly close process
throughout each month including reviewing AP invoices, performing
bank/general ledger account reconciliations, researching variance analyses,
- CORPORATE ACCOUNTING - Overseeing and leading the Corporate
Accountant which monitors and tracks aggregate cash flow across the Firm;
reconciles inter-Firm balances; performs transfers to/from the Firm to
properties; administers credit cards and posts monthly charges; allocates
charges paid by the Firm to properties and posts in AP ledger; prepares
monthly financial statements; completes monthly bank reconciliations.
- PROPERTY ACCOUNTING - Overseeing and leading the Property
Accountant who manages property cash flow; provided timely resolution of NSF
items; reviews AP coding to ensure accuracy and adherence to budget;
reconciles property bank accounts; prepares quarterly distribution analysis;
reviews a/p aging monthly; post re-class and accrual entries from
properties; monitors utility billing to make sure income is being
booked/collected; performs monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and
prepares monthly financial statements/packages.
- FINANCIAL REPORTING - Working with the Firm’s operations personnel
to present accurate monthly financial statements.
- MORTGAGE PAYMENTS - Submitting monthly mortgage payments.
- OTHER - Participate in initiatives to meet goals and objectives.
Support special projects.
- MANAGERIAL & SUPERVISORY – 2 Direct Reports: 1 Corporate Accountant
and 1 Property Accountant initially.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- BASE SALARY (ANNUALIZED): $70,000 to $100,000 range, commensurate
with Qualifications below
- BONUS AWARDS: Discretionary up to 15%; paid annually
- 401(k) Plan – to be setup in 2018
- Firm subsidized PPO, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability
- At least 2 weeks of Firm-paid vacation initially in addition to
customary US Holidays
- Free Covered Parking, and Business Casual/Appropriate Dress M-F
+ No Travel Required!
- Degreed + Real Estate Accounting Mgt. Experience: Full Cycle GL &