SR. ACCOUNTANT-HOUSTON (NorthEast): $80-$100K+ + BONUS/BENEFITS
Our Client (or “the Company”) is an established & growing, and acquisitive
private equity-backed niche CONSTRUCTION SERVICES provider operating
Coast-to-Coast in the US through 2 Business Units.
- HOUSTON AREA HQ (IAH BUSH AIRPORT AREA near BELTWAY 8 &
I-69)/SHARED SERVICES ENVIRONMENT/US-WIDE OPERATIONS - Our Client currently
has 2,000+ employees (mostly field personnel, and mostly non-Union) with ~40
in HQ, including a 7 person Senior Management who are supported by 6
Regional Business Unit Presidents/General Managers and 14 in HQ
Accounting/Finance (CFO, Corporate Controller, 2 Business Unit Controllers
and 10 support staff in HQ a Shared Services environment), in addition to
accounting support staff at most Company field offices. The Company
operates from Houston HQ with locations in ~20 States (including Texas) with
~30 locations Coast-to-Coast.
- REPLACEMENT/UPGRADED POSITION – With growth, the Company is
replacing and upgrading from an incumbent GL Accountant to this Senior
Accountant Position within 1 of the 2 Business Units – currently with 8
locations in 7 States - to be the Business Unit Controller’s strong
right-hand in all accounting, reporting & analysis. This Position could move
in to the Business Unit Assistant Controller roll, with continued Company
growth and proven abilities to assume greater managerial responsibility.
POSITION DUTIES: Reporting to the Business Unit Controller, who joined the
Company in 1Q 2015 and who has 20+ years’ experience (all in industry, with
significant experience in the Company’s niche since 2011) the SENIOR
ACCOUNTANT duties are as follows:
- OVERALL - Supporting the Controller in performing key accounting,
reporting & analysis duties such as Month-End GL Close, Fixed Assets,
Research Variances, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations and Audits, with
significant focus on General Ledger accounting and working closely with the
Accounts Payable Group, which files for multi-state sales taxes.
- PROJECT ACCOUNTING/TRACK WIP – Provide Project Cost Accounting
support & analysis and tie-out job costs to GL. For WIP, ensure the
contract estimate, job cost, & progress billing are up to date for Project
Manager review on a monthly or demand basis.
- MONTHLY CLOSE – Perform month-end, quarter-end and year-end GL
closing including balancing AP to the GL as well as provide other balance
sheet account reconciliations, preparing monthly journal entries such as
Cash, Payroll, Benefits, Amortization and Depreciation, and assisting with
identifying needs for accrual journal entries.
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS - Perform monthly expense variance analysis.
- INTER COMPANY - Process inter-company transactions
- AP PROCESSING - Ensure accuracy in processing AP in accordance with
GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- FIXED ASSETS - Identify and keep an updated record of all Fixed
- AUTO CAPITAL LEASES - Update and maintain Auto Capital Lease
- CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS - Distribute Credit Card statements for
coding to GL.
- CASH FORECASTING/FLASH REPORTS – Update Cash Forecasting on at
least a monthly basis and on demand with a Flash Report.
- SALES TAXES - Prepare and file sales tax returns for multiple
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT - Assist in automating processes and
- OTHER - Ad Hoc reports and other duties assigned by the Controller.
- MANAGERIAL & SUPERVISORY – No Direct Reports initially, and 1
Indirect Report (AP Clerk). while working closely with the Business Unit
Controller and others in HQ as needed ensuring proper accounting, analysis &
financial reporting, while evaluating staffing needs, hiring, supervising,
evaluating and improving the accounting function.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- BASE SALARY (ANNUALLY): In the $80,000 to $100,000+ range,
commensurate with Qualifications below
- BONUS AWARDS: TBD
- 401(k) Plan: Matched 100% up to 4%
- Company subsidized PPO, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability
- At least 2 weeks of Company-paid vacation in addition to customary
- Reimbursement of all necessary and approved CPA Et Al and CPE
- Free Covered Parking and Business Casual/Appropriate Dress M-TH;
JEANS on Friday
- NO TRAVEL REQUIRED
- CPA/CPA Candidate + Full Cycle GL Close & Project Accounting
WM SHIRLEY - Former practicing CPAs, Financial Auditors, Business Advisors,
CFOs/Controllers and Human Resource Managers with 70+ years of combined
experience in Big Four public accounting and Industry experience providing
strategic Advisory, Staffing and Recruiting solutions to businesses in a
diverse array of industries through a vast network. Prior to WM Shirley, W.
Mark Shirley, CPA, President & Founder, was with ANDERSEN 14 years (80-94),
in the Audit & Business Advisory Practice and Karen S. Brown, Recruiting
Manager, was with DELOITTE 16 years (80-96), in the Human Resources-Alumni
13121 Louetta Rd. #1055
Cypress, TX 77429