Training and Curriculum Manager
LOCATION San Francisco or Washington, DC
MISSION Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: To increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training, and providing a powerful network. Our vision: To change the face of power, politics, and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all.
As the national umbrella organization, Emerge America’s role is to:
- Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of the ballot.
- Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with support and capacity-building.
- Expand our impact by replicating our success in new states.
Affiliate Support (50%)
- Provide support for Executive Directors to adapt and adopt curriculum for our flagship six-month training program, boot camp training programs, and other training opportunities;
- Work with approved trainers to schedule and manage required training days in affiliate states;
- Develop best practices and formal 360 reviews to evaluate curriculum;
- Develop best practices and formal 360 reviews to evaluate trainers;
- In conjunction with the Affiliate Director, onboard and train new Executive Directors on curriculum and program development.
- Develop and adapt curriculum for our flagship six-month training program, boot camp training programs, and other training opportunities;
- Develop standards for core curriculum components
- Train trainers within our network to conduct pieces of training;
- Conduct and coordinate trainings in our affiliate states;
- Conduct and coordinate boot-camp trainings regionally and in states in the process of launching an affiliate;
- Coordinate trainers within network.
- Community organizing experience;
- Enthusiasm for the advancement of Democratic women in politics;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple constituencies;
- At least 3 years of project management experience;
- At least 3 years of curriculum development experience and training experience;
- Strong data and analytical skills;
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability;
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and keep track of multiple projects;
- Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, key stakeholders, and donors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to think creatively and work independently;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent web and technology skills;
- Comfortable learning new database and technical skills, as they arise.
- Experience working on a campaign or at a non-profit organization;
- Experience with NGP.
Job Schedule and Location
Emerge America has offices in downtown San Francisco and on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Both are accessible by public transportation. There is a significant amount of travel required for this job.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter with the email subject “Emerge America Training and Curriculum Manager Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge America will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Emerge America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.