- Establish, implement and maintain accountability for standard operating procedures, company policies, specifications, programs and initiatives relating to all revenues across HH
- Introduce best practices to continually improve HH hotel and restaurant operations, monitor for implementation and report on results.
- Effectively communicate policies and procedures to all locations.
- Elevate the guest’s experience in all operations
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Work collaboratively with all Harwood International (HI) Divisions
- Develop effective training programs/materials utilizing a variety of media, modify programs as needed, and maintain responsibility for timely and effective training of all HH associates
- Accountable for preparation, presentation and monitoring, together with HH Financial Controller, annual operating budgets and capital plans
- Create and manage the operating pre-opening budgets for new openings
- Monitor budgets versus actual results, report variances to leadership and take all necessary corrective actions to address variances
- Ensure excellence in HH day-to-day financial accounting, reporting, analytical and planning functions, as well as, the integration of best practices.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting and communication as appropriate to HI Executive Committee
- Shape and deliver, together with HH Marketing Director and in liaison with HI Marketing Director, the overall marketing strategy for HH
- Plan and implement sales strategies, processes, and systems to maximize revenue and profit streams and achieve budgeted revenues and market share penetration
- Actively engage in promoting revenue management innovation and driving a revenue culture across all HH teams
- Develop, deliver and report on, together with HH Marketing Director, an annual communications plan with specific goals and budgets
- Communicate and work effectively with other key executives across HI various functional and divisions to build and maintain productive relationships
- Act as the official spokesperson for HH when appropriate
- Use oral and written communication skills to deliver speeches and write articles for publication
- Play a key role in community and government relations by liaising with community and government leaders
- Provide a leadership role in the selection, development and retention of team members
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and team-builder for the HH Executive Team establishing roles, responsibilities and measures of performance
- Develop great leaders and prepare them for future growth
- Ensure the entire HH team is motivated, recognized, performance managed and developed, as well as, fully accountable for their areas of responsibility
- Develop, implement and report on succession plans and career paths ensuring a healthy talent bank for future opportunities and openings
- Ensure all teams have the right people in right roles and ensure that the family trees are cost effective.
- Maintain a work environment that is marked by respect for others, values inclusiveness, builds workforce diversity and foster cooperation and teamwork
- Plan and manage all new hotels and restaurant openings
- Create, define, deliver and monitor for implementation the necessary procedures to ensure a smooth preopening and opening process, including but not limited to: the execution of the preopening visits, the delivery of all required standards and that these are fully met to open and operate as a HH branded hotel and restaurant.
- Lead pre-openings effectively and efficiently ensures that the resources including operations, design, construction, and matters related to fire life safety, insurance and compliance are coordinated to open on time and within budgets
- Identify market changes and trends and implement related improvements and efficiencies
- Monitor and report on activities of competitor hotel and restaurant trends within the industry
- Establish, measure and report on benchmarks for occupancy that meet or exceed comparable market segments
- Identify opportunities for HH to grow further: locations, investors, M&A transactions, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Attentiveness to detail
- Budgeting/cost control
- Customer service
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- People management
- Problem solving / analysis
- Time management and organization skills
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexibility in hours is required.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business management or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a senior manager to include experience as a senior manager in a European venue(s)
- Proven experience managing high-volume hospitality operations
- Proven experience managing a world-class hotel offering a premier guest experience
- Ability to motivate and inspire a hospitality team to provide extraordinary customer service
- Ability to accurately and strategically develop, manage and regularly report on a large budget with continual focus on profit and loss
- Proven ability to hire, train, coach and mentor critical staff
Preferred Education & Experience
- Master’s in Business Administration or related field
- 2 years’ experience at a VP level
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and sales
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactorily passing the pre-hire background screening and will also take into account the results of any reference checks, behavioral interview results, and/or pre-hire tests or profiles.
AAP/EEO Statement Harwood is committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against Associates or applicants in any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any legally-recognized basis (protected classes) included but not limited to: age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, national origin, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class under federal, state or local law. This non-discrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all Company facilities, participation in all Company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions, such as promotions, compensation, training, benefits and termination of employment.